How we work
Rights are needed. For driving a scooter – category A, for a car – category B.
You can drive without a license at your own risk, but we do NOT RECOMMEND doing this. In Thailand, the size of the fine has recently been changed, and now there is no clear understanding of exactly how much you will be fined if you are caught without a license. These are the fines now in the traffic police in Chalong (Phuket)
Everything is simple here. There are 3 iron options that are suitable for beginners! See the diagram
The most popular scooter in Thailand. It has a roomy trunk, it is convenient to ride it together. Maneuverable, small, but at the same time quite tough.
Scoopy and Filano
2 kids with a retro-style design. Inexpensive, stylish, but without claims to good dynamics. They are quite stable due to the low landing. Often these stories are chosen by girls.
Important: Scooters for 125 cubic meters most likely will not be able to carry 2 people up the hill. It is especially noticeable after the rain – traffic jams form on the serpentines.
NMax and PCX
Eternal rivals from Yamaha and Honda, respectively. NMax has 155 cubes, PCX has 2 versions: 150 and 160 cubes. In general, they are completely similar in terms of driving characteristics
Pleasant and dynamic scooters. Without any problems, they take 2 people up and down the hill in any weather, you can play checkers on the highway. There is ABS and keyless access. Perfectly controlled/
If you do not have the task of maximum cost savings – take one of them, you will not make a mistake.
Honda Forza, Honda ADV 350, Yamaha X-Max, etc.
We do not recommend it for novice drivers – they are large and heavy. As a result, they are difficult to manage. It is better to get your first experience on a small and cheap scooter.
Stock and top-end equipment differ in the presence of ABS and keyless access
- ABS is an anti-lock system. It prevents the wheel from sliding when braking, as a result, braking becomes more efficient. The presence of ABS saves in case of emergency braking and helps to descend from the slides (especially on wet roads!)
- Keyless access – works like on modern machines. An immobilizer keychain is attached to the keys, so that the scooter can be started with a button. A very convenient feature is that the key is in the back pocket of the backpack, it does not need to be taken out and, as a result, you will not forget it anywhere. The main thing is not to store the ignition key in the trunk of the scooter.
- Idling stop – the scooter stalls if it stops, starts itself when turning the throttle. Allows you to save 5-10% of fuel in traffic jams. Such a system is, for example, on all BMW cars
We will teach you how to use all the buns on the spot!
We recommend going to the store 7\11 (seven-eleven) or Family Mart. Sim cards are sold directly at the checkout. You will need a passport and money to pay the fare. Usually they take unlimited Internet for a month. The operator TrueH costs approximately 650 baht/month.
Tariffs are expensive, but it is still more profitable than roaming. The signal quality is excellent. At Phuket airport and in Bangkok, I was able to catch a 5G signal from a Thai SIM card.
There are a lot of gas stations in Thailand. You can stop by any one. In all scooters it is better to pour 95 gasoline (ninety five).
Gas stations don’t work the same way as in Europe. We tell you how to refuel properly:
- You arrive at the gas station, get in line
- We don’t refuel ourselves, a gas station employee will fill us up
- Opening the tank
- We say how much to fill up. The most commonly used options are “full” or “one hundred bat”
- We pay in cash with the tanker
- We close the tank. You can go
- In Thailand, LEFT-hand traffic
- We carry out a U-turn only from the rightmost row
- Scooters are not allowed to enter the tunnels. Pay attention to the signs
- You can not park in areas marked with red and white paint on the asphalt or curb
- In an accident involving a Thai and a tourist, the tourist will be to blame
- Watch out for pedestrians – they often cross the road in the wrong places
Immediately call or write to us in telegram or whatsapp. Let’s discuss the problem. In case of a breakdown, we will send our employee who will fix the scooter or give a scooter to replace it.
We discuss all problems of this kind individually and solve them quickly!
Delivery prices depend on the area. The prices in the plate can be viewed on the page with the rental rules
You can read articles in our blog on the site, there we write detailed texts about Phuket, Koh Samui, Phangan and in general about Thailand.